To send money, you’ll need to know the individual or business’s email address, phone number OR Dwolla ID.
To Send Money:
1. Click Send on the upper left corner of your account dashboard, below the “DWOLLA” icon.
2. Choose the recipient
Enter in either the email address, phone number or Dwolla ID of the person you want to send money to.
If you do not know any of these, try searching for the name of the person or business in the search box!
If you send money to someone’s email address or phone number and they do not have a Dwolla account, they will be prompted to sign up for one before claiming your money.
3. Type in the amount.
4. Choose the funding source: your Dwolla balance or a linked bank account.
Sending money from your Dwolla Balance will make the transaction occur in real-time. If you do not have enough funds in your Dwolla Balance, choose one of your bank accounts.
5. Click “Next,” confirm the details on the next page, type in your personal PIN number and click “Submit Payment” to initiate the transaction. Notice the "Available" time in the summary. IF funds are being sent from a bank account then you will see the expected clearing time and if Credit is being used or funds are coming from your balance then you will see "Real-time".
To request money (Business, Non-profit & Government Accounts only)
1. Click the Request button on the upper left side of your account dashboard.
2. Choose who you want to request money from and how much you would like to receive. You can also choose to leave a note in the “Details” field.
*When requesting, enter in either the email address or Dwolla ID of the person you want to request money from. If you do not know either, search for them in the search bar at the top of the dashboard!
3. Upload any files relevant to the payment request (invoice, bill, notes, etc.)
4. Review the request information.
5. Success! You’ve made a payment request!