The “Minimum Balance” features helps you make sure you always have enough money in your Dwolla account so it’s there when you need it.
When you enable Minimum Balance, a selected amount of $25, $50, or $100 is automatically transferred from your bank into your Dwolla balance when your Dwolla balance drops below an amount you select: either $25, $50 or $100.
Minimum Balance transactions take 3-4 business days* to transfer from your bank into Dwolla.
To enable Minimum Balance:
1. Go to Settings by clicking on the triangle next to your avatar.
2. Click on "Features" in the left navigation.
3. Select Enabled in the selection bar.
4. Choose your minimum balance amount.
5. Choose how much you’d like to deposit into your Dwolla balance.
6. Set your funding source.
7. Click the “Update Features” button at the bottom of the page to save everything.
What if I don’t have enough money in my bank account to cover a Minimum Balance transfer from Dwolla?
Each time a Minimum Balance transfer is triggered, you will receive an email stating “You have initiated a deposit into Dwolla”. If you need to cancel that transaction, read these instructions for cancelling a transaction.
*We also offer Next Day Transfers for approved businesses and organizations.
**If you did not have enough money to cover a Minimum Balance transfer and you do not cancel the transaction, you may experience an overdraft on your bank account.**