We encourage you to read more about Dwolla’s security practices here, but here are some basics:
- Dwolla never transmits your financial information during a transaction. This limits the threat of identity theft.
- We never sell your information.
- Dwolla has a full-time team dedicated to risk assessment and fraud prevention.
- Dwolla does not disclose any of your personal information to third parties without your explicit permission.
- Dwolla’s website is regularly tested and certified by the McAfee® SECURE Security Scan, ensuring that no vulnerabilities exist.
- Dwolla’s servers are encrypted with 128-bit encryption through Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) and/or Transport Layer Security (TLS). It all sits behind firewall and intrusion protection. We back up everything and we have (what we think is a pretty impressive) disaster recovery system in place, just in case.
- For added security, anytime you send, deposit, withdraw money or make any major change to your account we require you to enter your unique four-digit PIN.
How is my information protected?
Dwolla systems have been configured to ensure a secure communication between your internet-connected devices and our servers are encrypted with 128-bit encryption through Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) and/or Transport Layer Security (TLS). We encrypt all sensitive information that exists on our servers, never expose financial information during a transaction and your personal financial information is never stored on your computer, phone or tablet. Learn more about our security partners and practices.
Will you sell my information?
Where can I find more information?
FinCen: An agency tasked with enhancing the integrity of financial systems by facilitating the detection and deterrence of financial crime.
NACHA: The governing body that sets rules and procedure for ACH (description of site)
Title 31: Money and Finance: Treasury: Laws and statutes, as stipulated by the U.S. Treasury Department, that govern the U.S. financial system.
Dwolla Security & Partner Overview
Why does Dwolla ask for my SSN, DOB and EIN?