Dwolla's goal is to protect our customers from these types of people.
Your SSN (Social Security Number) is a 9-digit set of unique numbers that identifies only you and is not readily accessible to anyone other than yourself. For this reason, we may require you to use this information to verify your Dwolla account. If you do not wish to provide this information to confirm your Dwolla account, the account could possibly be placed into a suspended status until the information has been provided and the account then becomes verified.
We ask for additional information from time to time to ensure someone else is not able to gain access to your account.
Why are we asking for your personal information? We're asking for your information because:
- We want to protect everyone in the Dwolla community.
- Dwolla wants to ensure that the person accessing the Dwolla Account is the owner of that account.
- A copy of your state or federally issued photo ID and/or complete the SSN # process through your Dwolla Account
- A copy of tax documentation (Business Accounts only)
- A Utility Bill or phone bill (not more than 60 days old)
- A bank statement that contains 30 days of transaction history (most current month) 14 days prior and 14 days after the date of transaction taking place.
It is also stated in our 'Terms of Service' agreement, under 'Identity', that Dwolla has a right to require further verification of your identity, in order to allow you to use our system. This was agreed to upon signup of your account.